School Building & Campus

Multipurpose Hall

Drawing Activity

Staff Members

 

HISTORY


A TREE GROWS IN BHAVNAGAR

The Congregation of the Vedruna Carmelite Sisters of  Charity was founded by St. Joaquina de Vedruna on the 26th of February 1826 in Spain, for the Glory of God and the good of the neighbour. Its aim  was Christian education of Youth and the care of the sick and the marginalized with a definite option for the poor. It was the desire of the Foundress that her Sisters should go to all the parts of the world to remedy the needs of the people.

On the 12th February 1953, Mother Zoila, Sr. Maria, Sr. Assuncion, Sr. Elvira and Sr. Pilar, set foot on the soil of Bhavnagar. In July 1953, they sowed the seeds of Vedruna Education in India. Thus began Fatima Convent School, first and only English School in Bhavnagar, for all classes of people. The tiny seed took root and over years has grown into a full fledged tree. Fatima Convent School  was born with a handful of students, today has classes from Nursery to Higher Secondary both Science and Commerce. Within a span of fifty-five years it has produced successful men and women in different walks of life and has certainly contributed to the progress and development of Bhavnagar.